Thursday 14 March 2013

What Has Made Me Cheerful This Week?

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

Last week I missed my Reasons to be Cheerful post as I was featuring guest posts all week and I did really 'miss' it.  So without further ado, I am once again linking up with the #R2BC blog hop (this week hosted by Seasider in the City).
 
This week has been a bit of a tough one, for reasons out of our control and this results in a lot of frustration.  But as everyone who knows me, and or reads the blog, when this happens I like to try and channel that negative energy into something more positive.  I admit at times it is a struggle, but generally I get there.  What has been lovely is that my beautiful network of friends have been really supportive and that has made me feel really thankful for having the group of people around me that I do.  It has also pointed out that my husband and I really do have a strong relationship because my, we have been thrown some cr*p over the last 36 months, financially and health wise.
 
The week long series of guest posts on Appreciating Motherhood received a fantastic response.  I really enjoyed hosting the week and getting to know some wonderful bloggers and writers.  All the posts were so touching and heartfelt.  I felt most honoured to be publishing them on my blog.
 
Mother Sunday is always a lovely treat in the midst of what seems like the longest winter ever.  Although The Hubby wasn't well on Sunday so I didn't get a break from my everyday duties of Motherhood, I didn't have to cook and we spent a pleasant afternoon indulging in cake at my parents house.  I received some very sweet trinkets from the children and the most well worded card from The Hubby.
 
I also received the most fantastic email from one of my best friends.  We do not get to see each other as much as we would like as she lives in-a-whole-other-country : Wales.  However, my annual visit is next week and not only am I looking forward to a few days change of scenery and routine but my spa day that she bought me for my birthday last year.  The email was details of the package and wow, what a package.  A day at the Spa with 120 minutes of treatments of my choice.  H.E.A.V.E.N.  A whole day of relaxing, reading, eating and being pampered.  And at this precise point in the year, it couldn't be coming at a better time.  I do have to admit, I feel in need of it.
 
If you want to think about the best bits of your week you should jot them down and link up with Reasons to be Cheerful.  Read other posts and be inspired!





9 comments:

  1. Wales isn't that far LOL Enjoy your holiday and spa treat! You certainly seem to have a very positive attitude which is nice to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reasons. Enjoy your time with your friend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an amazing woman. Feel blessed to know you even a little through blogging. Sorry you have had a less than ideal time. You so deserve your treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have some super friends to support you through the tough times xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice for you to have some good friends around to support you. Have a lovely time at the spa... JEALOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a week you've had - and I'm so pleased you are going on a spa and spending time with your best mate - it will be wonderful - some much needed time to step away from things. And your Appreciating Motherhood week was fab! X.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a fab time with your friend from that far and distant land that is the depth of Wales! You sound like you deserve it x enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your spa and spending time with your friend, it sounds like it will be amazing and very well deserved x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you have a wonderful time at the spa! Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to quack your thoughts along with me and will always try and quack right back.