Tuesday 5 March 2013

Guest Post : Appreciation and Inspiration!

This week I am dedicating my blog to Motherhood. With Mothering Sunday fast approaching I wanted to spend a week enveloped in Appreciation for Motherhood, in all it's guises. In a series of amazing guest posts we are hearing what Motherhood means to an array of writers. Our guest writer today is business women Lauren Watson. All contact details for Lauren can be found at the end of the article. Enjoy.

***
 

Well here goes ... My first ever post about one of my favourite topics : Motherhood.

Motherhood isn't just about the present for me but motherhood over the decades.  My mum, her mum (a crazy lady called Bezza), my dads mum, my hubby's mum.  All have had an amazing impact on my life from the teachings about the world, simply down to making my life that bit easier by being my child carer.  We know mothers are very inspirational people; they're knowledgeable, caring, nurturing and supportive.  They're a breed of their own.

These credit crunch years are hard for us all and who have we called of need - our mums!  They buy the kids clothes, they look after our children when we need to increase our hours at work and they're there when we need a moan.

Becoming a mother has been the pinnacle of my life so far, I am sure many of you will say the same.  I am a better person.  More patient, more giving, more relaxed.  But, on the contrary it has motivated me to get things done.  Change my life for the better, for my children.

There are thousands of mums grabbing the bull by the horns and doing the same.  Three of my top inspirations are some of the business worlds most prominent entrepreneurs, they also happen to be mums.  Sara Blakely, founder of Spanx (every mum needs control wear).  Ariane Goldman, founder of Hatch maternity wear range - it is revolutionary and Michelle Mone, founder of Ultimo bras (thank goodness for Ultimo, I thought my boobs would never look the same again after breastfeeding).  She was awarded an OBE from the Queen in 2010 in recognition of her services to UK business.  All these women have worked tirelessly to provide women with feel good products which we all need to transform us from slummy mummy to yummy mummy.  But not only are they making us feel better about ourselves they are inspiring us to reach our goals in life, business and in our roles as inspirational mums.

These women have been famous from their success but the most inspirational women I know is MY MUM.  She juggled a career and setting up a new business with looking after me and my brother when we were knee high.  My memories of this - fabulous - I was oblivious because my mum always made sure we can first, she worked 24 hours a day on call but there was always time for fun and games. 

My appreciation of motherhood is for the inspiration it has given me to stand up and be counted, just like my own mum.  So I am going to do the same!  I want my children to be inspired in the same way that I was.
 
About Lauren Watson
 
Yummy Mummy wanna be, fashion follower and style blogger at MaternityHighStreet.com.  My mission : rescue all maternity mummies from the fashion disasters that lay ahead in their pregnancy!  Full of tips and tricks to help mums look great in pregnancy.  I hanker after anything beauty and find painting my nails therapeutic.  I love making pizzas with my hubby (Big M - he's tall) and my kids, Liccle G and Flossie B in our log cabin at the bottom of the garden.  Weekdays are mad.  Weekends are all about gardening, butterflies and fresh air.
 
Check out Laurens website at www.MaternityHighStreet.com 

1 comment:

  1. How lovely that you are so inspired by other mums around you and so determined to make a mark for yourself too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to quack your thoughts along with me and will always try and quack right back.