The Mummy Kindness Manifesto
I hope my blog will encourage mums to stop competing and comparing and start practicing more kindness to themselves and each other.
1. I will trust my own instincts.
2. I wil feed my baby however it suits me, my baby and my family. I will never judge another mother for how she chooses to feed her baby.
3. I will always tell pregnant women they look amazing. No other comments on her appearance or size are necessary.
4. I will accept that other willdo things differently to me. This doesn't mean that they're wrong, I am wrong or that they think I am wrong.
5. I will only offer advice when it is asked for. I will do so with love and without judgement.
6. I will remember I am entitled to be proud of my child. But non-one likes a show off.
7. I will not be defined by the number on a scale. It is not my worth.
8. I accept I will make mistakes. I will learn from them and move on.
9. I will be true and authentic and not pretend all is perfect at all times. This helps no-one.
10. I will not compare my insides with everyone elses outsides.
11. I will remember that my kind words, compliments or smile could make someone elses day.
12. I will accept compliments gracefully and I will believe them.
13. I will always remember that I am the best mum for my children, that I know them better than anyone else. I will discount any thoughts or comments that suggest otherwise.
14. I will remember that it is OK, to not be OK sometimes.
15. I will be kind to others and kind to myself. In doing so remember that is is not a competition. All mummies are on the same team.
About Mummy Kindness
I'm a married mum of two little ones from Essex. Two babies in two years taught me a great deal about both parenthood and myself! In my new blog Mummy Kindness, I recently "came out" about suffering from PND. The response has been overwhelming and inspiring. I hope my blog will encourage mums to stop competing and comparing and start practicing more kindness to themselves and each other. Visit my site: mummykindness.com or find me on twitter @mummykindness.