Yet another week has sped past in a flurry of school runs, rain and picking up (lots) of puppy poopy. But a lot of changes have happened in the fast paced week.
With the arrival of October, much Halloween discussion has started on Facebook. Some people have even dared to start discussions on the 'C' word. In our house we are not allowed to mention the 'C' word until after J1's birthday in November.
The heating is scheduled to come on for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening - just to take the chill off.
The 'Winter Warmer' recipes have been cracked out of the cook books in preparation for walking in from the cold to a smell of slow cooked meals to melt in the mouth.
Yes, a season has truly changed this week.
One thing has stayed the same however. That is, it's Thursday and time to think about things that have made me cheerful this week. This is a blog hop with Mummy from The Heart - if you need lifting hop on over and read some other happy and grateful posts.
So, what has the last seven days meant for me?
* I participated in Race for Life and it was truly inspiring. I was also very happy with my time!
* J2 and I have been baking this week. We made fairy cakes from 'Jo Wheatley A Passion From Baking'. I made the cakes and J2 did the toppings (well a few he lost interest after that) but they were all yummy. There are many more recipes in this book that just look amazing and I can not wait to try them out.
* The Puppy is settling well. She is very playful and eating well. She is getting used to sleeping downstairs. Now she has had her first set of injections she can go out in the garden - which means less poop hunting indoors.
* A couple of writing opportunities have come to light which is very exciting.
* I purchased my Mumsnet Blogfest ticket and am very excited about seeing Mush Brain Ramblings, The Digital Baby and Older Mum in a Muddle in November for a reunion. One of my best school friends also said she is hoping to attend, if she does it will be the first time we have seen each other for about ten years.
We have quite a busy seven days approaching so hopefully there will be lots to be cheerful about next week too.