It was my intention to do lots of writing this week, posts and otherwise but unfortunately I have had no time to do so - best laid plans and all that. However, no time like the present and I like to think about the positives of my week, even if it is the only thing I get to blog about.
This week Reasons to be Cheerful is being hosted by Becky at Lakes Single Mum so hop on over to see her if you want to read posts from other cheerful souls.
After another week has sped past in the blur of an eye, these are my reasons to be cheerful :
* Pregnant friend number two has delivered a little boy safe and well. The fabulous couple now have a daughter and son and are very happy.
* My brother and his wife were part of a wedding party at the weekend so I got to spend time with my beautiful nephew SJ. It was extra special this time because it is the first time J2 and SJ have really played together nicely. I think SJ has been too little before now so to see them interacting was great.
* I have seen two of my best friends this week. Monday was spent hunting for Halloween costumes and having lovely coffee and cake with Mrs B-R and today was spent visiting one of my oldest school friends and her baby boy JK and discussing (very excitedly) wedding plans. Thrilled that I will be Bridesmaid for her next year and we booked a date in our diaries for her to go dress shopping.
* Hubby had his tummy assessment. Although it isn't great that he is having the issues he is having it is good that they are being taken seriously and investigated. The horrible part is now out of the way and we just have to wait for the results.
* I had two treats this week. The first was a long overdue hair appointment. It was lovely sitting in one place for more than 10 seconds, being brought coffee, biscuits and magazines. The second was a surprise from the Hubby - a copy of the new Masterchef Food Bible. Just having the page of weights / measurements etc in the front is worth its weight in gold.
* Even though I can feel a cold starting to break out I am happy it is this week and not next, when the Hubby and I have a night away in Portsmouth so I can participate in The Great South Run.