Having struggled a little this week with motivation, I am pleased that I indulge in this link up. I like to bullet point anything and everything that could possibly make it on to the final list of What Has Made Me Cheerful this week - that in itself cheers me up - before composing my post.
So here are my top choices for this weeks Reasons to be Cheerful :
* Settling into the new home. We truly love this house and it feels like home already. Of course it helps that boxes are slowly disappearing from sight, although the task of sorting the over stuffed garage is a little daunting...
* This weekend we are having a big family gathering for my parents Ruby Wedding Anniversary. Final preparations are gathering speed now (I do love organising a 'do'). My outfit has arrived (the theme is that all guests must be wearing at least one red item - otherwise I have suitable forfeit items...) and we will get to see some family members that I haven't seen for, I would say 15 years!
* Although things are still busy at the house, now we are in I have had a few minutes to really appreciate the lovely birthday gifts I received. One of which was a Kindle Touch. I admit, I was not keen on the idea when Hubby first presented it (old fashioned book lover here - I love the smell of a new book) but now it is up and running I am loving the ease of it. This also coincides with another reason to be cheerful and that is the discovery of some great new authors (via other blog recommendations) of which their books now sit downloaded on, said Kindle.
* This week has graced us with a few hours of blue sky and sunshine. A welcome break from the grey gloom and drizzle we have been suffering for the last couple of weeks. Always a good mood 'pick me up'.
* Joining in Julia's Place 100 Word Challenge has really got the creative mind racing this week - I encourage everyone to check it out and give it a go.
If you would like more inspiration head over to Mummy from The Heart for more cheery posts.