Thursday 27 September 2012

What Has Made Me Cheerful This Week

The week has, again, rapidly passed by in the blur of an eye and it is that time of the week to look back and pick out the positives with
 
 
It has been a strange old week weather wise.  Summer seems to have turned directly into early winter, with beautiful Autumn being passed by completely.  I hope this isn't the case.  I love the bright blue cloudless skies and that crisp and fresh air that normally becomes late September and October. 
 
With the 'adios' to Summer, comes a new routine and things like experimenting with meals and baking comes back into the fray in this household.  For starters today J2 and I made Chocolate Rice Krispie treats, as a surprise for J1 (his favourite).  Tomorrow we are making Fairy Cakes from Jo Wheatleys (last years 'Great British Bake Off' winner) 'A Passion for Baking' book.
 
So without further delay these are my 'Reasons to be Cheerful' this week :
 
* J1 is continuing to get absolutely glowing daily reports from school.  I was also extremely pleased that finally his new 'wedge' has arrived and he can re-start his 'interactive floor' sessions, as he thoroughly enjoys these.
 
* I finally took the plunge and used my J2 free Wednesday to go to the local Spa.  I took four hours to read, eat cake, lay in the sauna, cool down in the Jacuzzi and lunch.  I had set myself a goal of doing this once every three months this year.  This is the first one to date but I hope to fit one in at the end of October after my 'Great South Run' race. 
 
* As mentioned earlier with the cooler months developing the baking equipment is back out and I hope to be brave enough to test lots of new recipes from the books I have gathered up since the last time I got into 'baking' mode.
 
* I was thrilled to finish my 10K race at the weekend in a time of 1.06, much better than I had been anticipating.  I have got my re-arranged 5K Race for Life to look forward to this Sunday.
 
* Now the children are 'back to school' swimming can resume with J2 - first session is tomorrow.  I am hoping to get some 'lengths' in at the end of the toddler session as my mum is coming to get J2 dried and dressed for me.
 
* Lynsey The Mother Duck has received a new record number of page views for the month already.  This is amazing and the best inspiration to work even harder for the blog.
 
For other positives posts check out the blog hop with Michelle at Mummy from the Heart.

10 comments:

  1. You always cheer me up with these posts. It really staggers me the amount you get done/achieve! Well done on your race - so a thoroughly deserved time at the spa! And that's great news about your page reviews! X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it cheers you up, that is good to hear :-) I bet if you wrote down yours, you would find you had achieved more than you realised. I always think what an earth am I going to put in this week and once I start thinking usually end up cutting bits out (with the aim of doing specific blog on them - doesn't always happen...)x

      Delete
  2. So much positivity here. Am so glad that you finally got to the spa. Wish cakes could be shared virtually...I'd love to nosh on a fairy cake right now. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they are any good I will post a picture. It's been a while since I made anything and haven't done any with the oven at the new house, must remember it is quite fierce!x

      Delete
  3. Lovely positive post, can't beat some time at the spa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely collection of reasons. :) Good luck with the race and well done on your time x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A well earned spa trip! Glad kids doing well

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you had a nice relax at the spa and well done on your running thats fab! I too am dissapointed that Autumn seems to have been skipped and we're back to the cold dweery wet weather without the beautiful blue skys and golden colours but it may change and surprise us yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely reasons to be cheerful for you. Spa day's should be compulsory for mums to help us relax for a few hours! Good luck with your run this weekend x

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to quack your thoughts along with me and will always try and quack right back.