The week has, again, rapidly passed by in the blur of an eye and it is that time of the week to look back and pick out the positives with
It has been a strange old week weather wise. Summer seems to have turned directly into early winter, with beautiful Autumn being passed by completely. I hope this isn't the case. I love the bright blue cloudless skies and that crisp and fresh air that normally becomes late September and October.
With the 'adios' to Summer, comes a new routine and things like experimenting with meals and baking comes back into the fray in this household. For starters today J2 and I made Chocolate Rice Krispie treats, as a surprise for J1 (his favourite). Tomorrow we are making Fairy Cakes from Jo Wheatleys (last years 'Great British Bake Off' winner) 'A Passion for Baking' book.
So without further delay these are my 'Reasons to be Cheerful' this week :
* J1 is continuing to get absolutely glowing daily reports from school. I was also extremely pleased that finally his new 'wedge' has arrived and he can re-start his 'interactive floor' sessions, as he thoroughly enjoys these.
* I finally took the plunge and used my J2 free Wednesday to go to the local Spa. I took four hours to read, eat cake, lay in the sauna, cool down in the Jacuzzi and lunch. I had set myself a goal of doing this once every three months this year. This is the first one to date but I hope to fit one in at the end of October after my 'Great South Run' race.
* As mentioned earlier with the cooler months developing the baking equipment is back out and I hope to be brave enough to test lots of new recipes from the books I have gathered up since the last time I got into 'baking' mode.
* I was thrilled to finish my 10K race at the weekend in a time of 1.06, much better than I had been anticipating. I have got my re-arranged 5K Race for Life to look forward to this Sunday.
* Now the children are 'back to school' swimming can resume with J2 - first session is tomorrow. I am hoping to get some 'lengths' in at the end of the toddler session as my mum is coming to get J2 dried and dressed for me.
* Lynsey The Mother Duck has received a new record number of page views for the month already. This is amazing and the best inspiration to work even harder for the blog.
For other positives posts check out the blog hop with Michelle at Mummy from the Heart.