In line with my efforts at positive thinking it is time for :
Reasons to be Cheerful with Mummy From The Heart.
So, without further ado here are my reasons to be cheerful this week :
* J1 started back at school without tears or fretting. This has continued into week number two, much to our delight. Although he wasn't changing classes this year, the structure of make up of children and teachers / assistants has changed so it was as good as. But, he seems to be thoroughly enjoying it and is coming home smiling, bubbly and cheeky.
* I have re-started with our healthy eating meal planning / cooking. This seriously lapsed over the summer, probably due to the change in our daily routine. Plus with my race approaching in October I need to be eating healthily as well as training so needed all round. We have even been able to have some home-grown vegetables from the Greenhouse!
* As mentioned in yesterdays post 'The Disability Diaries - Holiday of a Lifetime' we have booked a fabulous vacation to Florida for next year. This has boosted everybodies spirits and we are looking forward to it and planning with gusto.
* In preparation for the above holiday I have started potty training with J2. We are having good and bad days but hopefully are heading in the right direction. Watch this space.
* We recently purchased Annual Gold cards for our local Zoo as they were on a brilliant offer, so have been able to make the most of those in the last few days of warm summer weather. The Hubby was even able to come this time so extra lovely.
* The boys and I had a wonderful afternoon of messy play in the garden at the weekend. We did lots of hand and feet painting. I am so pleased with how they have come out that I am thinking about framing them for the wall.
If you want to read about what has made other people cheerful this week head over to Mummy From The Heart.