Well, it has been some time since I have linked up with My Reasons to be Cheerful, but I am looking forward to doing so. I love that no matter how bad your week may seem, there is a reason to sit down and pick out what good has happened. No matter how small.
This month (jolly old April) it is being hosted by Ojo's World, so please link up and check out the other uplifting posts. If you are having a bad day, it might be just what you need to encourage you to find the positive.
So, without further ado;
What has made me cheerful this week?
* My mum came to stay. Since the relocation it has been a big adjustment, not having my parents just around the corner. Mum and I would pretty much see each other, at some point, every day. So now we are two hours away we have to arrange 'stay-overs' and this week was one of them. It is lovely to have her company for a couple of days. I take her to lunch and she clears my ironing basket. I get extra help with the children, always much appreciated. And I get to be reminded that I am very lucky to, not only have my mum but to have such a wonderful friendship with her.
* Dancing on Ice - The Live Show. One of the reasons for my mums visit this time was because I had tickets to see our favourite TV Show at Wembley Arena. As soon as I heard that Dancing on Ice was going into it final ever series I booked tickets and we had good seats. We had a wonderful evening, the show was absolutely fantastic and I am so glad I got to see my much loved idols Torvill and Dean perform for one last time. It almost made me want to take up Ice-Skating again. I said almost.
* I got 1300 words on my WiP written. I wasn't sure I was going to get any done at the beginning of the week so I was very pleased with this.
* I caught up with some of my favourite blogs. It has been a while since I have been in the blogging loop and it felt nice 'catching up' with the wonderful worlds of some of the lovely writers out there.
* We finally made some progress with one of the professionals I have been trying to get on board for J1. Just one more phone call will mean that yes, we have got to the right place. This makes me hopeful and more determined that I will track down the others.
* I started reading The Great Gatsby again. I just love this story.
So onto another week we go. Let's hope I have as much to be cheerful about next time!