The time of the week for thinking about Reasons to be Cheerful with Mummy from the Heart is once again with us. I am still minus my own laptop but thankfully have managed to procure a loaner for a couple of days so that is an instant #R2BC!
It has been surprising at how much not being able to write has frustrated me. Not in the lack of time, I am used to that and know that as the children get older time will become available, but in the event I would have been able to sit down at the laptop and not being able to.
Anyway, I do have the power to 'power up' right now so am getting as much writing done as possible. I am putting together posts in the hope of being able to get them scheduled to publish. So on with my :
* I got to spend quality time with my 18 month old nephew and then had a family filled Saturday. Even my older nephew came to visit with his 'girlfriend' - this makes me feel very old, but she was lovely and what was even more lovely - he didn't change one single bit around her.
* On Saturday night, The Hubby, The Kids and I all got dressed up for Halloween and went to our friends party. I was so pleased with all of our costumes and I forgot how much fun it was to get dressed up all silly for a night out. Plus I loved my wig!
* On Sunday we asked J1 what he would like to do as a birthday treat and he picked Ten Pin Bowling. This is an activity that we can all enjoy so it was lovely to make an afternoon of it.
* On Monday my mum babysat J2 so that I could go and see to of my beautiful pregnant girlfriends whom I used to work with. It has been far to long since our last catch up and they both looked stunning.
* On Tuesday we celebrated J1 turning nine years old. He was unfortunately a little under the weather so couldn't go to school but we spent the day at home snuggling and reading his new books.
* I am hoping to be able to go and visit one of my friends that has recently had their baby on Friday. I am a little wary that as the boys have been poorly I might be due a dose, but fingers crossed I will be well enough.
* I am also hoping the same thing for Saturday because I am off to Mumsnet Blogfest I am super excited about this having enjoyed Britmums Live earlier this year. I am really looking forward to seeing the fabulous girls and fellow bloggers I met in June that are also attending; Older Mum in a Muddle; Single, Older Mum and Mush Brain Ramblings.
With the conclusion of my positives for the week please head over and check out other cheery souls at Mummy from the Heart.