Saturday 7 April 2012

What Has Made Me Cheerful This Week

It is always a good sign when you are happily participating in this Blog Theme for a third week running.  So without further ado, these are the things that have made me 'Chipper' this week :

1. My beautiful nephew, who this time last year, came into the world at just 34 weeks gestation turned ONE and is fit and healthy and happy.

2. I got to spend 2 hours in the presence of an amazing author, Jodi Picoult, listening to her read, speak passionately about research and answering any question thrown her way.  Awe inspiring - most certainly.


3. I managed to finally get on top of the ironing - big, huge excitement was had over this.

4. I finished my current book and started a new one - I love the anticipation of starting a new book.

5. The Easter Holidays started so I get lots of extra time with J1.

6. Due to Easter weekend, my deserted seaside abode springs to life with an abundance of visitors which is always great to see.

7. The weather has been good enough for multiple park visits with J2 - I love watching him running and climbing, although it still gives me a pang in my heart for J1.

8. The Voice continues on BBC and I am absolutely loving it.

9. Another friend announced she is expecting her second baby and had the clearest scan picture I have ever seen.

10. We had a wonderful time at a reunion of J1's old school class, it was fantastic to catch up with all the other children, parents and amazing teachers and teaching assistants.  Can not wait for the next one.

Other inspiring and 'Cheery' souls can be found over at www.mdplife.blogspot.com

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely week you had. I really like the anticipation of reading a new book. I love the way a new book looks so untouched and unbent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it sits, teasing with it's potential of being fantastic! I have accumulated quite a back log of reading, so my aim is 12 in 12 months. I have completed 2 so far, but I don't think it'll take long to finish my current one, am hooked already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like reading these posts. I've started getting into The Voice recently too. Good ol' Sat night TV! I keep telling myself to read more too, but I always seem to get halfway through a book and never finish it. I've started buying collections of short stories - at least I can usually get to the end of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to set myself an allocated 30 minutes at bedtime to get through a book, if I leave it too long I lose interest. I figured that 30 minutes for myself at the end of a long day wasn't too much to ask!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great week. Would have loved to have heard Jodi Picoult speak. I have a shelf full of stuff to read, too, and I just got Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project, so even more now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was great, if you ever get an opportunity to see her, take it up for sure!x

      Delete

I would love for you to quack your thoughts along with me and will always try and quack right back.