Another blogger recently started a wonderful weekly post Series called 'What Has Made Me Cheerful This Week' and with so much happening in the last week I thought it was a good as time as any to join in with thinking about this.
So, with a spring in my step today these are the reasons it is there (I hope this inspires you to think about what, even if it is the littlest thing, that has cheered you this week, even if it has been a really bad one) :
1. Spring seems to have finally arrived and we have been able to shed the heavy winter coats and boots and get out in the fresh air to play at the park, feed the seagulls along the seafront and get out in the garden (well - my parents garden). This is very good for both children, and the beautiful blue sky always help to lift the spirits.
2. I have kept up with my promise of seeing my friends more, I had a lovely day running errands with Mrs B-R yesterday and am off to see two 'brand new mummy' friends next week - cuddles with brand new babies a-hoy!
3. My oldest friend safely delivered a healthy baby boy last night, and although he had to be observed overnight, Mummy and Baby Boy are doing very well this morning.
4. My other oldest friend took a leap of faith and put me forward for an amazing writing opportunity which I have been asked to undertake. This is absolutely thrilling for me and I am so thankful to her for having that sort of faith in me.
5. J1 has had a very good week, with no resistance to physiotherapy, or doing school work and no major meltdowns - woohoo.
6. I had the most amazing Mothers Day, getting to spend it with my own mum and dad as well as my own little brood. I realised just how much I am appreciated myself and how much I appreciate my own mum all year round and got to tell her, as well as making her the best Victoria Sponge I have ever mustered.
7. J2 continues to be quite obsessed by Peppa Pig. This means he is more than happy to sit and watch a couple of episodes and play with his Peppa toys for half an hour, which gives me a bit of time to get the cleaning done - it's taken 2 years but we seem to finally be less clingy.
8. The Hubby managed to find and secure two rather elusive and 'hard to come by' Barbies as a surprise for me. They are ones I had when I was a child so extra special.
9. Our first Wedding Anniversary is on Monday and The Hubby has booked for us to go out for a lovely meal at a restaurant I have been wanting to try for ages. We are also going to visit my brother and his family this weekend, so lots of outings to look forward too.
10. I have been able to get involved in Young Epilepsy's 'My Purple Pledge' campaign - will you take a Pledge on Monday 26 March 2012? To find out more about the amazing work this charity does, and see how you can get involved visit their website.