Things have been very busy over the last few weeks, so posts have been a bit lacking. However, it is time to think about the week in all it's busy glory and pick out the best bits with Mummy from The Heart and Reasons to be Cheerful #R2BC.
So, as Christmas approaches and the end of 2012 heads even closer these are my happy memories of the week :
* The Christmas Tree is up and the decorations are out. We opted for a fake tree this year, puppy paws and all that, but it was just as much fun to decorate and has made the room look very festive. Even with the lack of a fireplace this year, I have even found a home for the stockings to be hung.
* The Christmas Films are also out of storage! J2 is very much enjoying them this year, particularly The Polar Express, which thankfully happens to be my favourite. I love it when we all snuggle on the sofa under the cosy blankets with mugs of hot chocolate and a big old bowl of popcorn.
* Most of the Christmas shopping is done. This is pleasing because I now have next Wednesday planned - this consists of going to see J1's school Nativity, followed by the annual tradition of my mum and I wrapping the gifts to Christmas Cd's and eating a Terry's Chocolate Orange.
* Our Christmas plans are formed. We know who is going where, when and who is doing what. I am thankful we do not have massive dramas over this, I know some of my friends are struggling to please everyone they need too.
* Something not Christmas related - the puppy has not pooped overnight for nearly three weeks *whoop*
For other cheery souls check out the Reasons to be Cheerful Blog Hop.